Chilly hands and feet can really take the fun out of a cozy fall evening. While extra blankets, socks, and gloves are always an option, you might enjoy a little extra boost to keep your extremities toasty.
The solution: a soothing massage oil made with a combination of essential oils designed to bring warmth, comfort, and protection when the temperatures start dropping.
With just a few ingredients, you will be feeling warm and snug from your fingers to your toes!
- 2 drops Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- 6 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops Myrrh Essential Oil
- 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 oz. carrier oil (sweet almond, grapeseed, jojoba, olive, etc.)
Mix all ingredients together; work into hands and feet for an instant pick-me-up of warming comfort.
Be sure to wash your hands well after use to avoid possible eye contact.
Benefits of Oils
- Cinnamon Leaf – This spicy oil is well-known for its warmth, flavor, and aroma. Not only will it help liven up frosty extremities, it will also bring the delicious scent of fall into the massage. Only a few drops are needed of this strong oil.
- Lavender – Lavender is most commonly used as a calming oil, making it ideal for massaging tired, aching feet. This is a gentle oil, and therefore can be used more generously than the others in this blend.
- Myrrh – Myrrh contains powerful healing and protecting properties that are perfect for the delicate skin of hands and feet, especially during the colder months. Myrrh’s spicy aroma will warm you up in no time.
- Ginger – Yet another spice oil, ginger is a go-to oil for warming and energizing. Just a few drops are needed due to its potency.
Keep in mind that these oils are very powerful; it is important to follow the usage instructions carefully to avoid skin irritation (especially for those with sensitive skin).